SkyWin® One (SkyWin API)
- MySQL - important! - SkyWin® One only works with MySQL databases for the moment
- A web server like Tomcat - developed and verified with Tomcat 8.5.37
- Java Runtime version 8, get it here - important! - Do NOT use a version above Java 8, it will not work
- Minimum java heap (memory) 1GB - developed and verified with these settings: -Xms512M -Xmx1024M
Two system variables must be set on the server running SkyWin® One.
A directory listing where to put the configuration file (see below). It is important that the user running SkyWin® has the permission to read files here.
A directory listing where SkyWin® can write log files. It is important that the user running SkyWin® has the permissions to create and write files here.
A file named skywin.properties should be placed in the directory for configuration (see variable SKYWIN_CONFIG_DIR above).
Use this example file as a starter and make needed changes.
The database must be updated (once) with new user tables. Run the script SkyWinOne_UserTables.sql once.
Make sure all installations according to the prerequisites above are working.
Deploy the downloaded file skywin.war in Tomcat (or equivalent).
Open up <your server address>:8080/skywin/ in your browser and verify that the application starts
First time actions:
- Click on Log in in th menu
- Use Username admin and Password skywinone and click on button Login - it is advisable to change the password of the admin user as soon as possible
- Click on User control | Users in th menu
- Create a user to be utilized for the API:
select Username and Password and make sure you mark the Role ROLE_API before you click on button Create
when the user is created and shown, click on button Edit, select the Locked for login, click on button Update
- You can browse the API endpoints (and try them out):
Click on Administration | Show REST API in the menu